About 500 Startups
With over 1,500 investments in more than 50 countries, 500 Startups is currently the most active seed investor in Silicon Valley, and the world. The firm was founded in 2010 by Dave McClure, a veteran investor formerly at Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund and PayPal. The 500 portfolio includes billion dollar companies like Twilio, GrabTaxi, and Credit Karma, as well as other winners like Viki (acquired by Rakuten), MakerBot (acquired by Stratasys), Wildfire (acquired by Google), and Sunrise (acquired by Microsoft).
Find out more about 500 Startups on our main website.
Marketing & Community Manager
We are looking for a fearless hero to take over Marketing & Community for 500 Startups Japan. We run over 50 events a year all over the world, with over 35,000 people in attendance.
Here’s what you get when you work with us:
- Opportunities to interact with executives and pioneers in the technology industry.
- Learn about the latest trends that will transform industries and people’s lives over the next 5 – 20 years.
- Flexible work environment. We don’t care about how many hours you work. As long as you deliver results.
- Work in a truly global organization. Our team of 120+ people live in 20 countries and speak over 25 languages.
- Team retreats twice a year to beautiful places like Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and Yosemite National Park, USA.
The responsibilities of the Marketing & Community Manager will include:
- Fostering connections online and offline between portfolio companies to share knowledge and build community (make our community feel like family)
- Organizing kickass events for founders, limited partners, and 500 supporters. Some of our previous events include Founders Friday, Geeks On a Plane, Monthly Mentor Sessions, Demo Day The Movie, and much much more
- Help build our marketing channels (e.g. mailing list, blog, events, social media) to increase the reach of the 500 brand and maximize value to our portfolio companies
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a positive energy with a gravitational pull
- Full bilingual fluency in Japanese and English (reading, speaking, and writing)
- A love for social media
- A genuine passion for technology, and ability to pick up and start using new tools quickly
- An ability to work in a flat, fast-paced organization and take initiative
We are not flexible when it comes to cultural fit. It is very important to us that candidates share our passion for startups, technology, and the transformational potential both have for the future of Japan.
If you think you might be a good fit for this position, please get in touch. In your email, please include a Dropbox or similar link with your resume and well thought out blurb about why you are the right person for the job. Please also include relevant social media links (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc).